Archive for the ‘MAP’ Category
After the -prompt- French official declaration of yesterday, supporting the AU and the government, I was left wondering: “so what?” Of course what has been achieved must be protected. However, it looks to me that once again, as we have often seen now, there are discrepancies between what the IC’s truth and the Malagasy reality.
Says « Jeannine d’Itaosy” which by the way seems to reflect and Malagasy’s opinions and foreigners
Another article that might help decode what is going on behind the backstage
1 – What have the UA and their backers really achieved?
– allowing a coup regime stay for 5 years by calling it “transition »
– draft a roadmap which is only enforced at 50% or so; a roadmap that satisfies the bribed politicians and not the Malagasy people
– a recent election
2 – What does a reconciliation entail?
– to be face to face, unless we invent the concept of virtual reconciliation 2.0
– to get the full picture, to know the facts and circumstances of several events in the history of the country, 2009, 2002 etc
– to “come out” and get rid of all bitterness, and other negative feelings
– to offer different perspectives so that “the other party” may understand why one “acted like s/he did or said what s/he said”
– to pardon, to forgive, so that unfortunate words not be repeated again or undesired acts not be repeated again
3 – What do Malagasy want?
– there are different aspirations, different ideas; but I would hope there is a common interest in « the truth”, in “living in peace”, and restore honesty and good governance
– and let’s remember: not all of us long for the reconciliation as this would shrink business opportunities or would potentially lead to social embarrassment (which still seems a behavioral influencer)
4 – What do UA and their backers want?
– to protect their “achievement”, what is perceived as a defendable, politically correct process of democracy restoration; the Malagasy have yet to understand that this is not necessarily aligned with what they really want;
– to « sneak in” the interests of their countries or their friends’ interests (e.g. Maurice as a hub for trafficking woods from Madagascar during the AU transition)
I understand part of the IC is embarrassed because here is a man who has been waiting for their good will for 6 years or so, a man some have believed they have made people forget, a man they believed was playing golf somewhere in the South of Johannesburg, has now appeared like a messiah before the Malagasy people. His biggest fault is to unveil others’ shortfalls. Hiding behind a “he didn’t tell us” is not really mature.
On “he is not trustworthy; he lied that SADC and few countries back him?” Think again; there were promisses made; maybe not in 2014 but before then, certainly.
And on “destabilizing declarations”, he really said: “I’m not going to wait for 2018”. Most interpreted it as: “not wait for 2018 to seize power”. Guys: you’re losing your cool. The man is closer to an admirable genius than a stupid man. Work with him! Make it “I’m not going to wait for 2018 …before I start contributing to the reconstruction of the country”! He is fully capable of doing that, more than anyone. Very few believed he could fly back on his own. Just believe; he is more than capable of mobilizing many Malagasy to reconstruct what has been destroyed. Let him work, he will let you harvest the honor of his work. All will be happy! Or rather, there are going to be many more happy people than unhappy people; after all, that is democracy.